Preparing your children for tomorrow’s world.
‘Ensuring the next generation of students have the skills needed for the workforce of the future is critical to ensuring Australia’s future prosperity.
Many jobs in the fastest-growing industries in the next five to 10 years will require science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) skills and almost all jobs will require ICT literacy.
Based on the Victorian Curriculum: Digital Technologies, will give both students and teachers access to the tools they need to enhance their digital literacy…’
At St. Joseph’s we embrace digital technologies by using them as a tool to enhance student learning and outcomes.
We aim to provide our students with relevant and comprehensive ICT resources, such as:
- Apple accredited school
- 1:1 device program for Years 3 – 6
- Apple I pads avaliable for years Prep- Year 2
- MacBook laptops and desktop MacBooks available for years 3-6 students
- Lego Mindstorms (robotics)
- Google apps for Education, including; Google Classroom, Google Slides, Google Docs
- Access to online programs for use at school and home, including; Wushka, Matific, Word Mania, Google Classroom and Dojo blogs.
For more information on our Year 3-6 BYO Device program:
- St Joseph’s Mernda Primary School Acceptable Use Policy for the use of the Internet and Digital Technologies 2020
- Acceptable Use Agreement at St Joseph’s Mernda for students